I’ve been invited to join in on an exciting sewing challenge hosted by Elizabeth of ElizabethMadeThis.com. Please visit the link to see the other bloggers!
Of course, you can follow along! Here are a few of the details:
The challenge is to make 2 dresses for yourself:
- A dress with a day look: This can be anything! Shirtdresses, knit dresses, sweater dresses, wrap dresses, the sky is the limit. Sew up a dress that suits your life and expresses your own sense of style. I want to see color, pattern, and texture here.
- A dress with a night look: Night look dresses should be black, and they can be as fancy or as simple as you choose. Think about a dress that could go to the opera or a cocktail party or anywhere else where you need to look effortlessly chic and sharp.
Dresses are to be made during the time of the challenge (January 8th-28th 2017 for the community challenge). This is a contest for women’s garments only.
CHALLENGE SCHEDULE AND RULES
- The blog tour will take place from Sunday, January 8th- Saturday, January 14th 2017.
- Entries for the community challenge will open on Sunday, January 8th and will close on Saturday, January 28th 12 am MST. There will be a link up available for entrants to post their dresses. Feel free to chronicle your makes on social media #dayandnightdresschallenge on Instagram and Twitter or join the Facebook group here, but only entries posted to the link up will be considered for the prizes.
- Voting will begin on January 29th and close on Saturday, February 4th.
- There will be 2 winners of the Day and Night Dress Challenge as determined by vote. Winners will each receive a prize package which will be detailed in a future post.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE DAY AND NIGHT DRESS CHALLENGE?
- Sew some dresses!
- Let other people know about it. Use #dayandnightdresschallenge on Twitter and Instagram and follow the Day and Night Dress Challenge Facebook group.
- Keep reading here to find out the latest. Follow Elizabeth Made This on Instagram and Facebook.
- Grab a graphic and post it on your site: